Invisalign in Livermore, CA
Invisalign is a brand of removable aligner treatment system that helps to straighten misaligned and crooked teeth, as well as treat dental issues like gapped teeth, overbite, and crossbite. Custom-made of clear and durable plastic, Invisalign is virtually invisible on the teeth making it a better-looking substitute for traditional braces. It is recommended for patients who are self-conscious about wearing braces to correct their crooked and misaligned teeth.
What Is the Process of Invisalign Treatment?
At Alta Vista Dental, we will take a 3D image of the teeth and the entire mouth and then use it to analyze each patient's requirements. This image, together with the specifications of the patient’s needs, will be sent to a dental lab where a series of aligners will be fabricated to systematically realign the patient’s teeth.
Each set of aligners applies pressure on the teeth and helps to align them as desired. The aligners need to be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day for a week except while eating. These aligners also need to be replaced every two weeks with the next ones in the series to suit the progress of their teeth’s positioning until they are pushed to their desired place. Multiple appointments with doctors may be necessary until the desired change has been achieved.
The Benefits of Invisalign
- It is a comfortable option for straightening the teeth. Patients are spared from the discomfort that comes from wearing traditional braces.
- It is easy to clean Invisalign aligners. They can be removed while eating and can be reinstalled after the meal is done. They can and should be brushed with toothpaste and rinsed in warm water before wearing them again.
- You do not need to change your diet for the treatment, unlike with traditional braces. One can eat the food they want by simply removing the aligners before eating.
- It is a safe option for people aged 14 and older. Adolescents and adults can wear Invisalign aligners without the risk of any side effects.
- There is no chance of aligners falling off like brackets of braces. The aligners are customized to fit snugly on the teeth and stay in place unless removed.
Invisalign is an innovation of modern technology that has made tooth straightening a better and more aesthetic process. Invisalign provides more comfort to patients and better results in a short time than traditional braces.
Alta Vista Dental provides all the dental services under the expertise of experienced dentists. Call Dentist in Livermore CA at 925-292-1459 and book your appointment to receive a complete oral checkup.